Happy New Year, all!
My year is starting out great so far! I’ve had such a productive first week of 2015.
- Signed a contract for a novella, to be published with Dreamspinner Press this summer! I’m very excited about it.
- Finished off a novella to send in for an open call. It’s a complete reworking of a short story I wrote a couple years ago that had not been accepted into the anthology I had in mind at the time. I haven’t touched it since, unsure how to make it better, but a new open call came up that it could be worked with. I revised the plot and added about 7K. I’m glad to have revisited it, it’s a stronger story with a purpose now.
2015 Writing Goals!
- Finish my YA novel I haven’t looked at in several months. Current word count: 30K. Will reach at least 60K.
- Holiday themed novella for an open call. (I’ve been meaning to for the past two years, but never get to it. Hard to write Christmas while it’s July, but this year I’ll try.)
- Start a second novel. (I have three ideas floating around for this, so I’ll pick one and stick with it until it’s done.)
That, plus the Day Job, will keep me busy but I’m looking forward to it!